Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22: 6

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A New Perspective on Dirt

Living out in the country brings a lot of dirt and dust into the house. Having 3 nature boys doesn't help the situation. Each time I sweep, my dust pan is full of dirt that has come in from outside. My boys are magnets to dirt. This has been frustrating at times. Keeping a clean house and keeping a clean face for each boy proves to be challenging. I sometimes feel overwhelmed when my clean floor lasts for less than a day. Lately, I have gained a new perspective on all this dirt. A perspective that keeps me sane, but also shows just how special my little guys are. You see, everytime I sweep up dirt - it represents my children at play. It represents their wonderful imaginations. It represents the enjoymenty of God's beautiful nature. It represents innocent. Innocence?? How can dirt and innocence go hand in hand? Well the dirt on my floor can be swept up and I would much rather have dirt on my floor than my children putting dirt in their minds. So the innocence is preserved while they are playing outside. They are unplugged from the world. They are not being exposed to the wicked things that Satan delivers to out youth. I thank God for my children and for their pure hearts. Their latest memory verse is Psalm 51:10 - "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." The price of dirt on the floor is so worth the innocence and CLEAN heart of my children!
Here is a layout to give you a visual of what I deal with on a fairly regular basis..

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We're a HS'ing family, too! Proud to be a JS CT member with you - hugs, Meg

    ReplyDelete