Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22: 6

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Art Says It

I currently have art supplies all over my house! I truly do look like the starving artist that I am today! :) The mess is okay because we are working and creating up a storm! The boys are creating their projects for the "Art Says It" portion of Lads to Leaders. This is a fun way for them to use their creative outlets. I have rubbed off on my boys in more ways than one. Not only are they artists in their own right, they are messy artists, just like their Mommy! Switching to digital scrapbooking is the best thing I ever did. However, it did feel really good to dig into the art supplies and get really messy!

I love that Caden is using what he has learned from his speech, "Creativity for Christ". He is carrying this theme through out his Art Says It Projects. He came up with the idea to photograph paint. We had to find small containers to house the paint. Caden got an idea - The caps of water bottles. I looked around for empty bottles, but could only find one. So, what does an artist do? Improvise! We poured out several bottles of water into a tea pitcher. Caden then filled the caps with paint and began the creative process. I gave him tips on angles and lighting. He captured some images that just fascinate me. In fact, I can't decide which photo to use for the convention. Which one do you like? I'll be sure to post their final projects on my blog - after I get this mess cleaned up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment